Wednesday 10 August 2011

Finally...

I made it. Or did I really? Its hard to believe how time passes by so fast, without giving us the slightest chance of noticing, and without giving us a chance to be mentally prepared of what is to come.
I spent two years waiting. Out of which, 6 months were the best months I've had of my life. I mean it. But the other year and a half, was the worst. Ironic, isn't it?

It was February, 2010, when I found out I was moving to Pakistan. It was because of the severe recession, and because of my Dada and Dadi (Grandparents), who were getting extremely old. So, my father decided that we had to move here. Whatever the reasons were, the information hit me straight in the face like a bitchslap. I was traumatized. I wasn't ready for this. I wasn't ready to leave everything behind, to leave all of my friends, to leave my school, my life, to leave what I had going for so many years. I honestly wasn't. But apparently, I had no choice.

The next day, when I was at school, we were having our annual business fair. I was sulking in some corner during most of the day, so my friends asked me what was up. I told them, frankly. At first, they didn't believe me, but judging by my facial expression, which I believe was most probably not... pleasant, they had to.

My dad left in March, to get everything ready; our house, a job, etc. So, the responsibility of having our furniture, etc, everything, moved was mine. Which, I didn't mind. But it was REALLY hard to handle the situation because of how upset I was. Anyway, I still did. And the usual followed; goodbyes, going out with friends for the last time, packing, shipping, and finally, I came here. On 6th May, 2010.

Now, since I came in the middle of the year without having a report card or exams or whatever. I had to do the tenth grade again. Which I did. The first six months that I mentioned before, were the months in Dubai. But the rest of the year and a half was in Karachi. In my new school.

I hated everything about it; I couldn't relate to ANYONE. I barely made any friends, I barely went out to places, and I was drowned in work.
Anyway, time passed, a little slower this time, but it did. Soon, I was finally done with the year, with my final 2 O level exams, here in grade 10.

After two years of complete bullshit, I finally made it to my FINAL year at school. And now, I cant wait till this one is over too. I just hope its easier than the previous one...which ofcourse, it WONT be, since its the freaking eleventh grade. I just have to live through it. Just like I lived through last year.

However... I am happier than I was a year back. But still, it can never, ever be the same.

P.S. - Results in a day. Im scared shitless, pray for meee! And
 Furva!

P.P.S. - Sorry for being inconsistent. School has started, and I have shitloads of homework. But I shall try to post more!
LOL. Specifically how I feel when I wake up early. Except there's no one to kill... just the alarm.


5 comments:

eva626 said...

see you adjusted lol
i would never think of moving...done it three times but in the same country, but never out of the country. nice blog.

-eva626

Peachy said...

They're gonna be awesome. Your results.
Good luck =)

Unknown said...

Hey i just found your blog and It's really cool, i enjoy reading it.
Im 17 as well! haha so anywho
Follow for Follow??
http://tiaology.blogspot.com/

Rooj Siddiqui said...

Good luck for the results. InshAllah they'd be as fine as you are :)

Moving to another country is a trauma. Been there. Glad you adjusted in a short time. Karachi never bores anyone, hai na?

Take care xoxo

Guy From Karachi said...

Thanks everyone!

@Nostalgic: Aww, thats really sweet. Thanks!